Wednesday, January 11, 2006

29 things

my birthday is coming up. i will be turning 29 on february 28th. last year was my golden birthday. to gear up, i've decided to compile 29 things about me in the more than 29 days between now and then. it's like 43things or allconsuming, but actually it will be exactly different. i won't put any links in my list. the buck will stop here, once i begin here that is. right now, we're still in the prologue so i can send you there.

content (v.) Look up content at Dictionary.com
1418, from M.Fr. contenter, from content (adj.), c.1400, from L. contentus "contained, satisfied," pp. of continere (see contain). Sense evolved through "contained," "restrained," to "satisfied," as the contented person's desires are bound by what he or she already has.

29 things

1. my sun sign is pisces. i've recently decided to never ever again read my horoscope as it's slowly transformed to something that invokes dread. i'm presently experiencing a deep need to feel as if all things are less pivotal. that said, i think i'm going to be blogging a lot about ocean creatures in the month between now and my birthday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, if I forget in a month, I'd like to say a pre-emptive happy birthday right now. I know this may be dangerous considering you may not live to see your 29th birthday, thus making my comment superfluous and unwarranted. Still, I hope you survive these next few weeks, for your sake, but also for my blogging integrity.

WendyBuckWild said...

why does everyone take my death so lightly. is this a reaction to my taking life too seriously, folks? fyi, i will die. so shower me with shit while you still can. no, not literally please.

Anonymous said...

The remaining 28 things:

2) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
3) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
4) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
5) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
6) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
7) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
8) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
9) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
10) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
11) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
12) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
13) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
14) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
15) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
16) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
17) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
18) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
19) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
20) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
21) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
22) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
23) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
24) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
25) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
26) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
27) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
28) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
29) !~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!

(I would have done anagrams, but I'm pressed for time. Maybe next year.)

todd