Monday, October 17, 2005

whatever i do what i want

my god i am sick of not being able to keep up a blog. so yeah a lot of interesting stuff does happen in wisconsin and it was really nice for awhile to think i would be keeping track of it. nice, but unrealistic. and a reader commented that my blog confused them because it seemed like i was still living in wisconsin.

good point! time to stop living in the past [sidenote, i read on my friend from college jeremy's friendster profile the cutest self-analysis, and i must say it describes me too. i think jeremy stole my "i stay crunchy in milk" self-description one time so i don't mind stealing his identity for my own now - "I live in the past, and commute to the present. The nostalgia is cheaper that way"]. and live in the now now now. maybe this will revolutionize my life, that'd be nice. i'd like a revolution.

so henceforth my blog will be loosely organized around the topic of "my life in links" - namely anything on the internet that somebody sends me or i go look up or whatnot. why not construct my identity through a series of internet sites, i mean at least in terms of my blog identity. also this gives me a chance yet again to quote great expectations:

"that was a memorable day to me, for it made great changes in me. but, it is the same with any life. imagine one selected day struck out of it, and think how different its course would have been. pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day."

"pip, dear old chap, life is made of ever so many partings welded together, as I may say, and one man's a blacksmith, and one's a whitesmith, and one's a goldsmith, and one's a coppersmith. diwisions among such must come, and must be met as they come."

i share those same two quotes on the love life section of wendybuckwild. redundancy makes the world go round.

No comments: